Health Ministry and Parish Nursing
ECCT and Province 1 contact:
Ginny Wagenseller, RN, Faith Community Nurse (Parish Nurse), Christ & Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Westport
(and Province I representative to Episcopal Health Ministries (EHM))
firstname.lastname@example.org -- 203-451-9134
Contact Ginny about parish nursing, parish health ministries, EHM, and related topics.
EHM also maintains a Facebook page here.
- Episcopal Health Ministries www.episcopalhealthministries.org
- Church Health Center www.churchhealthcenter.org
- Living Compass www.livingcompass.org
- Conn. Faith Community Nurses http://ctfaithcommunitynurses.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/hope-and-thanks-to-all-plus-a-health-ministry-gem/
Overview of Episcopal Health Ministries:
- EHM vision: ...that every Episcopal congregation becomes a vibrant, caring place of health and wholeness.
- EHM mission ...to promote health ministry in Episcopal congregations, assisting them to reclaim the Gospel imperative of health and wholeness.
- EHM commitment is to:
Christ as Healer
Health as a holy, natural and continuous process
Stewardship of the body and all God's creation
Authentic and holy relationships
Integration of the inner journey and the external life
Reconciliation in a broken and fragmented world
- Who EHM serves:
Health ministers who promote health and healing within Episcopal congregations
Episcopal dioceses and provinces
- How EHM serves:
Educating leaders for Episcopal health ministry and parish nursing
Supporting those engaged in health ministry in Episcopal congregations through membership opportunities
Providing resources to local congregations, diocese and provinces
Collaborating with other faith communities, institutions and health organizations