Mission Development Fund
The Mission Development Fund of the Episcopal Church in Connecticut seeks to advance God’s mission through grants of funds to promote new initiatives in mission through the parishes and organizations of our diocese.
Applications are due by October 15 and may be submitted prior to the deadline. (In 2019 funds were distributed earlier and the next grant deadline set for March 15, 2020.) If you need assistance completing your application in advance of the deadlines, please contact the Rev. Peter Bushnell of the Social Justice and Advocacy Committee (which reviews requests) at email@example.com. (Submission email address is JohnMitchellArmstrong@gmail.com.)
Shortly after your completed application is received, a member of the committee may contact you. Incomplete applications will not be considered and late applications will be held for the next application cycle. Grant recipients will be required to file an evaluation of program outcomes and an accounting of funds on the anniversary of the grant.
In evaluating initiatives and promoting new programs, the committee will be guided by the following criteria:
- They have a connection with an agency of the Episcopal Church, a parish in good standing in this diocese, a deanery of this diocese, a diocese or national church. The application is strengthened when it shows collaboration and partnerships both within the Episcopal Church and ecumenical and interfaith communities. All applications must be accompanied by the endorsement of the vestries of three parishes in good standing in this diocese.
- They advance God’s mission as expressed in the Five Marks of Mission:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
- They seek to break new ground in mission rather than maintain the status quo.
- There is a clear strategy to develop alternate funding after an initial period for which seed money is provided from this fund.
To Submit an Application:
Application for grants is made to the Mission Development Fund Committee. Complete the application (look for it in the Grants folder in the File Repository here) and then submit by email to John Armstrong of the Social Justice & Advocacy Committee at JohnMitchellArmstrong@gmail.com. In subject of the email note “Mission Development Fund Application”. If you do not have access to email, you may print and send a paper copy to:
Mission Development Fund Committee
Attn: John Armstrong
Episcopal Church in Connecticut
290 Pratt Street Street | Box 52
Meriden, CT 06450