Transitioning Parishes - status and open positions
updated August 17, 2021
Organizing to Call - Discerning
After the retiring or resigning priest departs, the wardens and vestry begin a process that leads to new ordained leadership. This includes working with the Diocesan Transition Minister. One of Connecticut's bishops will be assigned as the "bishop of record" to help shepherd the process.
We have several parishes looking for part time clergy. Review of applications for all open positions is ongoing and continues until the positions are filled. Please contact Amber Page Gehr, Diocesan Transition Minister at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about these part time positions or to apply.
Parishes seeking Rectors
None at this time.
Parishes seeking a Full-time Priest-in-Charge
- St. John's Church, Stamford - taking names through September 23, 2021
- St. John's Church, Vernon - taking names through September 30, 2021
Parishes seeking a Part-time Priest-in-Charge
- San Lucas/San Pablo, Bridgeport - seeking Spanish speaking 1/4 time
- St. Martin's Church, Hartford - 1/4 time
- St. James' Church, Higganum - 1/4 time
- St. Peter's Church, Monroe - 1/2 time
- St. John's Church, North Guilford - 1/4 to 1/3 time
- Christ Church, Roxbury - 1/2 time
- St. Paul's Church, Plainfield - 1/4 time
- St. Luke's Church, South Glastonbury - 1/4 time
- St. James' Church, Winsted - 1/4 time
- Christ & Holy Trinity Church, Westport - seeking FT Associate Rector for Youth and Family Ministry. See full job description here.
Assistants are called by the rector of a parish, but must be vetted and approved by the Bishop. Please contact the rector directly for information about any assistants’ positions.
Clergy seeking assistant positions or rectors seeking assistant clergy are asked to contact the Diocesan Transition Minister before a hire is made.