Transitioning Parishes - status and open positions
updated June 19, 2019
Organizing to Call - Discerning
After the retiring or resigning priest departs, the wardens and vestry begin a process that leads to new ordained leadership. This includes working with the Canon for Mission Leadership. One of Connecticut's bishops will be assigned as the "bishop of record" to help shepherd the process. Some parishes will enter a full Transition process, which will include nominating and electing a Transition Team which will include several committees: Discernment, Recruitment, Hospitality, and Prayer. Other parishes will decide that this is the time for a provisional priest-in-charge (PPIC) or a Missional Priest-in-charge (MPIC) and one will be appointed by the bishop, working with the parish leadership. (Missional Priest-in-charge is approximately 1/4 time.)
Clergy interested in a rector position within the Episcopal Church in Connecticut should carefully review the parish's website and OTM portfolio. Please contact the Rev. Lee Ann Tolzmann, Canon for Mission Leadership via e-mail at email@example.com with specific questions about a particular parish.
We have several parishes looking for part time clergy. Please contact Amber Page Gehr, Administrator for Transitions & Clergy Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or The Reverend Lee Ann Tolzmann, Canon for Mission Leadership at email@example.com for more information about these part time positions.
Parishes seeking Rectors
- St. David's Church, Gales Ferry - Receiving names
- Holy Trinity Church, Middletown (1/2 time) - Receiving names
- Christ Church, Redding - Interviewing
- Christ Church, Stratford (1/2 time) - Receiving names
Parishes discerning (in Interim)
- St. James' Church, Danbury
- St. Luke's Church, Darien
Parishes seeking a Provisional Priest-in-Charge
- St. Luke's Church, New Haven
- St. John's Church, Salisbury
- St. John's Church, Washington
Parishes seeking a Missional Priest-in-Charge
- St. Andrew's Church, Devon
- St. Gabriel's Church, East Berlin
- St. Martin's Church, Hartford
- Grace Church, Newington
- Christ Church, Norwich
- St. Andrew's Church, Stamford
- Grace Church, Stafford Springs
- St. James' Church, Winsted
None at this time.
Assistants are called by the rector of a parish, but must be vetted and approved by the Bishop. Please contact the rector directly for information about any assistants’ positions.
Clergy seeking assistant positions or rectors seeking assistant clergy are asked to contact the Canon for Mission Leadership before a hire is made.