Transitioning Parishes - status and open positions
updated March 8, 2021
Organizing to Call - Discerning
After the retiring or resigning priest departs, the wardens and vestry begin a process that leads to new ordained leadership. This includes working with the Canon for Mission Leadership. One of Connecticut's bishops will be assigned as the "bishop of record" to help shepherd the process.
We have several parishes looking for part time clergy. Review of applications for all open positions is ongoing and continues until the positions are filled. Please contact The Reverend Lee Ann Tolzmann, Canon for Mission Leadership at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about these part time positions or to apply.
Parishes seeking Rectors
None at this time.
Parishes seeking a Full-time Priest-in-Charge
- St. John's Church, West Hartford- interviewing
Parishes seeking a Part-time Priest-in-Charge
- San Lucas/San Pablo, Bridgeport - seeking Spanish speaking 1/4 time
- St. Martin's Church, Hartford - 1/4 time
- St. James' Church, Higganum - 1/4 time
- All Saints Church, Meriden - seeking Spanish speaking 1/4 time
- Trinity Church, Milton - 1/4 time
- St. Peter's Church, Monroe - 1/2 time
- St. Paul's Church, Plainfield - 1/4 time
- St. Luke's Church, South Glastonbury - 1/4 time
- Grace Church, Trumbull - 1/4 time
- St. James' Church, Winsted - 1/4 time
- Trinity Church, Southport - Full-time Associate Rector. Find the job description here.
Assistants are called by the rector of a parish, but must be vetted and approved by the Bishop. Please contact the rector directly for information about any assistants’ positions.
Clergy seeking assistant positions or rectors seeking assistant clergy are asked to contact the Canon for Mission Leadership before a hire is made.