Diocesan Bishops, History and Finding Aids
Bishops of the Episcocpal Church in Connecticut
- Samuel Seabury (1784–1796)
- Abraham Jarvis (1797–1813)
- John Henry Hobart (Interim Bishop from New York).
- We do not have Bishop Hobart’s papers. They are held by the Diocese of New York.
- Thomas Church Brownell (1819–1865)
- John Williams (1865–1899)
- Chauncey Bunce Brewster (1899–1928)
- Edward Campion Acheson (1928–1934)
- Following the 80-year rule, the papers of bishops of the diocese since 1938 are not yet open to researchers, and after that date at the discretion of the Archivist or the Bishop.
- Frederick Grandy Budlong (1934–1951)
- Walter Henry Gray (1951–1969)
- John Henry Esquirol (1969–1971)
- Joseph Warren Hutchens (1971–1977)
- Morgan Porteus (1977–1981)
- Arthur E. Walmsley (1981–1993)
- Clarence N. Coleridge (1993–1999)
- Andrew Donnan Smith (1999–2009)
- Ian T. Douglas (2010 – )