Financial and Human Resources
Last Updated November 11, 9:04:34 AM
*Recently Added: CT Cares Small Business Grant Program
- Covid- 19 HR Guidance for parishes from ECCT Canon for Mission Integrity and Training
- Covid-19 General HR Guidance Powerpoint slides
- Human Resources Zoom Meeting with ECCT HR Manager Kayla Tubolino and Canon for Mission Integrity and Training Robin Hammeal-Urban (April 28, 2020)
- Best Practices for a Safe Church Online (March 30, 2020) by Eric Travis, Missioner for Youth and Young Adults, Episcopal Diocese of Michigan
Church Pension Group Resources
- CPG PENSION WAIVER REQUEST APPLICATION PROCESS (Parish must be in Good Standing)
A temporary waiver application of assessments that must be paid for clergy participating in The Church Pension Fund Clergy Pension Plan.
- All CPG applications request for a waiver should be sent to the Canon for Mission Finance & Operations, Rosanna Rosado email@example.com and cc Operations Manager, Matt Handi firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to fill out the waiver application in full, including certification check boxes, diocesan contact (Canon for Mission Finance and Operations), clergy information and period of temporary waiver.
- Submit with E-Mail Subject Line: CPG Pension Waiver, and the Parish Name.
- Upon receipt and review, Bishop Ian T. Douglas will approve the application and it will be sent directly to the CPG Region Manager, Akina Warner.
- CPG Covid-19 FAQ's
- CPG Coronavirus Response
- CPG Waiver Description, March 23, 2020
Statewide Government COVID-19 Resources
State of Connecticut Housing Assistance
This program is also applicable to parishes that have difficulties making mortgage payments on their rectories. If a parish seeks assistance with paying rent, the priest or the occupant of the apartment must directly apply. This program is not a welfare or a public housing program, it is a temporary relief program. In addition to state assistance, some local municipalities offer additional aid for foreclosures and back rent which existed prior to the CARES Act (dates prior to March 2020).
Federal Government COVID-19 Resources
*NEW: EMPLOYEE RENTENTION CREDIT
The Internal Revenue Service urges employers to take advantage of the newly-extended employee retention credit, designed to make it easier for businesses that, despite challenges posed by COVID-19, choose to keep their employees on the payroll.
Employers can access the ERC for the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2021 prior to filing their employment tax returns by reducing employment tax deposits. Small employers (i.e., employers with an average of 500 or fewer full-time employees in 2019) may request advance payment of the credit (subject to certain limits) on Form 7200, Advance of Employer Credits Due to Covid-19, after reducing deposits. In 2021, advances are not available for employers larger than this.
*Consult with your payroll provider and accountant.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) - Borrower application form.
- PPP Update - (August 20, 2020)
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness and Flexibility Act Changes (June 30, 2020)
- PPP Update: Zachary Kohl, Esq. (June 19, 2020)
- PPP Update: Loan Forgiveness Application (May 19, 2020)
- Memo - Inclusion of Clergy in Payroll Costs for Paycheck Protection Program Loans
- PPP FAQ's (Updated May 13th) (See Question 46 regarding good-faith certification. "Any borrower that, together with its affiliates, received PPP loans with an original principal amount of less than $2 million will be deemed to have made the required certification concerning the necessity of the loan request in good faith.")
- Faith-Based FAQ - SBA
- Business Loan Program Temporary Changes SBA
- The CARES Act
- CT CARES Small Business Grant Program
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Summary of the CARES Act & FAQs (as a PDF) - CT Senator Chris Murphy
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act (as a PDF)
- Webinar on CARES Act FAQ - Episcopal Church Foundation Vital Practices
- Unemployment Insurance under the CARES Act
- CARES Act Webinar by ECF
- How the Treasury Department is Taking Action
- Overview of State Law Information, Employment & Training Administration (ETA) - U.S. Department of Labor
COVID-19 Messages from Donations and Bequests
- ECCT IRS Documentation Letter
- Online Giving Platform Examples
- Inclusion of Clergy in Payroll Costs for Paycheck Protection Program Loans
- COVID-19 and Paid Sick Leave: What Independent Schools Need to Know
- Council for American Private Education (CAPE) COVID-19 bill
- COVID-19 Update: Understanding New Federal Legislation and CPG Policies - National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)