Companions in Mission
Focus: Our mission is to Inspire, Encourage, and Equip individuals and parishes for active mission engagement locally and around the world.
Scope:We meet regularly for prayer, mutual encouragement, sharing of information and strategies for mission and to fulfill certain responsibilities delegated to us by our Bishop and Diocesan leadership.
- Regular Meetings: 2nd Saturday of the month at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Wallingford, CT
- Public Events: First Saturday of March and then through out the year.
ECCT parishes active: St. Paul's, Shelton; St. Paul's Wallingford; Trinity, Tarrifville; Christ Church, Greenwich; St. John's, West Hartford; and many others
- Planning and organizing an annual mission conference, held on the first Saturday of March;
- Planning occasional regional missional gatherings to focus on some aspect of mission engagement (for example: missions in Haiti, funding sources, etc.);
- Discussing and approving $1,000 Travel Grants to aid parishes and individuals participating in foreign mission opportunities (see guidelines here)
- Discussing and approving Sustainable Development Grants, which are distributed from .07% of the diocesan budget;
- Discussing and approving grant requests made to the Church Missions Publishing Committee, which are distributed from a special endowment fund.
Membership on the Companions in Mission Committee is open to any interested person from the Episcopal Church in Connecticut. We are here to encourage one another in prayer, fellowship, and friendship. We are here to help one another see how the Lord is calling each one of us to live more intentionally in fulfilling the mission of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.