Faith Behind Bars and Beyond
Focus: Faith Behind Bars and Beyond supports incarcerated and formerly incarcerated persons, their families, and volunteers who work with them.
Scope: Faith Behind Bars and Beyond strives to answer God's call to minister to God's people in prison and to those affected by incarceration. We are working to respond in four ways:
- By building awareness of the needs of those in prison and their families.
- By highlighting the efforts of people of faith "inside" and "outside" prison walls.
- By encouraging communication, mutual support, and education for all those engaged in prison ministry.
- By inspiring people of faith to join in this life-changing work.
- Regular Meetings: We meet regularly September through May on the second Friday of the month from 10 am- 12 noon at St. Stephen's, East Haddam.
- Public Events: Annual Forum usually occurs in the Spring.
ECCT parishes active: St Mark's, Mystic; St. Stephen's, East Haddam, and more.