Confirmation is a significant sacramental rite in the Episcopal church.
Many young people and adults find it a profound opportunity to deepen their relationship with God, affirm their identity as an Episcopalian, and recommit to participating in God’s mission. There are excellent resources available from all around The Episcopal Church to assist your parish or region’s collaboration in these formation opportunities.
In particular we want to draw your attention to the Confirmation Collaborative resources that have come out of the Baptized for Life Formation group at Virginia Theological Seminary. There are some excellent tools on their website to help you discern which formation program may be best for you. As well as in-depth conversations about What is Confirmation? and excellent online and in-person offerings. For more information on any of these resources, please contact our Bishop Suffragan, The Rt. Rev. Laura J. Ahrens.
Additional Confirmation Resources
- My Faith, My Life: A Teen’s Guide to the Episcopal Church, Revised Edition
- Faith Confirmed: Preparing for Confirmation
- I will, With God’s help – Episcopal Confirmation for Youth and Adults
- Baptized for Life – An Episcopalian Initiative
- Confirm not Conform – Confirm not Conform was developed by members of the staff of St. John’s Episcopal Church in Oakland, California over the course of about 8 years. They realized they wanted a confirmation program they couldn’t find. So they made it themselves. For more than 10 years, Confirm not Conform has been used by hundreds of congregations throughout the United States, Canada, and beyond.
- Rows of Sharon – Highly resourceful blog from ECCT’s very own Sharon Pearson, Christian Educator