COVID - 19 Coronavirus Updates
Find the latest updates and resources from The Episcopal Church in Connecticut regarding the COVID - 19 coronavirus.
Upcoming Zoom Call Meetings with Our Bishops
- Every Wednesday - Clergy and Lay Leadership Discussion, 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. please refrain from testing link during business hours, as other calls may be taking place. Join Zoom Meeting Here; by phone: +1-646-558-8656 US (New York); Meeting ID: 201 077 6405.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - Zoom call Update on Status of COVID19, Market Analysis, and Strategies (Presented by Donations and Bequests) register here
Messages from ECCT's Bishop Diocesan Ian T. Douglas and Bishop Suffragan Laura J. Ahrens
- March 27, 2020 - ECCT Clergy and Lay Leaders Communication: COVID-19 (Update 5)
Upcoming ECCT Events
All major upcoming diocesan wide related events below are cancelled:
- ECCT Spring Training & Gathering (Saturday, April 18, 2020)
- Episcopal Church Women (ECW) Annual Meeting (Rescheduled from May 7 to Sept. 10, 2020)
For regular ECCT meetings and trainings, please see the list below or contact those organizers separately.
Event status updated as of: March 30, 2020 1:10:31 PM
- March 31, 2020: Celebration of New Ministry for The Rev. Betit: postponed
- April 2, 2020: Faithful Futures: Parish Website 101 : cancelled
- April 7, 2020: Holy Tuesday, Clergy Renewal of Vows: online, details to come
- April 9, 2020: Maundy Thursday, online Bible Study with our Bishops: online, details to come
- April 12, 2020: Easter Service filmed via Christ Church Cathedral: online, details to come
- April 25: Full Day Comprehensive Basic Safe Church Training at Grace Church, Windsor: postponed
- May 2, 2020: North Central Region Convocation: postponed
- May 2, 2020: North East Region Convocation: postponed
- May 6: Comprehensive Hybrid Safe Church Training at Trinity Church, Hartford: postponed
- May 16, 2020: South East Region Convocation: postponed
COVID-19 Health Updates & Resources:
- Data Updates from Connecticut Department of Public Health
- Checklist for Community Faith Leaders (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- COVID-19 Factsheet (In English) (En Español)
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19 (In English) (En Español)
- World Health Organization daily updates
- "Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread" article from The Washington Post
- Food Safety Guidelines (from the City of New Haven) (In English) (En Español)
- Volunteer Screening Questions, from the City of New Haven (In English) (En Español)
- COVID-19 Impact on Faith Community Q & A, from the City of New Haven (In English) (En Español)
Prayer for People Critically Ill or Facing Great Uncertainty
God of the present moment,
God who in Jesus stills the storm
and soothes the frantic heart;
bring hope and courage to all
who wait or work in uncertainty.
Bring hope that you will make them the equal
of whatever lies ahead.
Bring them courage to endure what cannot be avoided,
for your will is health and wholeness;
you are God, and we need you.
- Adapted from New Zealand Prayer Book, p. 765