COVID - 19 Updates
Find the latest updates and resources from The Episcopal Church in Connecticut regarding the COVID - 19 coronavirus.
Messages from our Bishops
All major upcoming diocesan wide related events below are cancelled:
- Episcopal Church Women (ECW) Annual Meeting (Rescheduled from May 7 to Sept. 10, 2020)
For regular ECCT meetings and trainings, please see the list below or contact those organizers separately.
Event status updated as of: May 26, 2020 3:55:17 AM
- Mondays: Bi-weekly Clergy CFAP calls with Dr. Ron Casey : email email@example.com to be added to mailing list (ECCT Clergy ONLY)
- Wednesdays - Clergy and Lay Leadership Discussion, 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. please refrain from testing link during business hours, as other calls may be taking place. Join Zoom Meeting Here; by phone: +1-646-558-8656 US (New York); Meeting ID: 201 077 6405.
- Thursdays, 1-2 pm ECCT Communication Office Hours: Register here
- May 27, 5:00 p.m. - Northwest Region Town Hall Meeting with our Bishops: Join Zoom Meeting
- May 28, 5:00 p.m. - North Central Region Town Hall Meeting with our Bishops: Join Zoom Meeting
- May 28, 6:30 p.m. - Southeast Region Town Hall Meeting with our Bishops: Join Zoom Meeting
- May 29, 9:30 a.m. - Bishop's Book Discussion: Register here
- June 4, 2:00 p.m. - Northeast Region Town Hall Meeting with our Bishops: Join Zoom Meeting
- June 4, 6:00 p.m. - Faithful Futures: Virtual Worship and Gatherings in the Time of Covid-19: Register here
- June 9, 2:00 p.m. - South Central Region Town Hall Meeting with our Bishops: Join Zoom Meeting
- June 9, 6:30 p.m. - Southwest Region Town Hall Meeting with our Bishops: Join Zoom Meeting
- May 30: JJMA Gathering : postponed until Fall
- All Spring/Summer Safe Church Trainings have been postponed and will be rescheduled in the Fall.
- Data Updates from Connecticut Department of Public Health
- The Office of Governor Ned Lamont
- Reopening Guidelines for Houses of Worship from Governor Ned Lamont
- Checklist for Community Faith Leaders (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- COVID-19 Factsheet (In English) (En Español)
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19 (In English) (En Español)
- World Health Organization daily updates
- "Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread" article from The Washington Post
- Food Safety Guidelines (from the City of New Haven) (In English) (En Español)
- Families First Corona Virus Response Act (FFCRA) Poster (In English) (En Español)
- Volunteer Screening Questions, from the City of New Haven (In English) (En Español)
- COVID-19 Impact on Faith Community Q & A, from the City of New Haven (In English) (En Español)
- COVID-19 Projections Assuming Full Social Distancing through May 2020 - IHME
- iDashboards - Real-Time Data
Prayer for People Critically Ill or Facing Great Uncertainty
God of the present moment,
God who in Jesus stills the storm
and soothes the frantic heart;
bring hope and courage to all
who wait or work in uncertainty.
Bring hope that you will make them the equal
of whatever lies ahead.
Bring them courage to endure what cannot be avoided,
for your will is health and wholeness;
you are God, and we need you.
- Adapted from New Zealand Prayer Book, p. 765