The role of the Deacons Council in ECCT is to support the diaconate in ECCT in a variety of life-giving and empowering ways. Meetings are bimonthly, and open. Contact Bishop Laura Ahrens for more information about attending an upcoming meeting.
Each of the deacons serving on the Council has a specific area which they oversee for the deacons in Connecticut. Some of the areas are overseen by two deacons collaborating together in leadership. At our meetings each Deacon answers the questions, “What question is guiding your ideas?” and “What do you need from the council?”
- The Rev. Don BurrBuilding our Community: Connecting to One Another
- The Rev. Pat JacksonDeepening Our Call: Spiritual Resources and Retreats
- The Rev. Liz KnauffDeepening Our Call: Spiritual Resources and Retreats
- The Rev. Diane PetersonSharing our Stories: Communication
- The Rev. Bonnie MatthewsLiving our Call: Navigating Connections
- The Rev. Ron SteedLiving our Call: Navigating Connections