The Episcopal Church in Connecticut maintains a database in Raisers' Edge containing information on clergy (personal and professional); names and contact info for leaders of various committees, groups, networks, etc.; and a range of data on parishes in general including leaders and ministries. It is augmented by data from Parochial Reports, community demographic information, and more. A survey was launched in July 2017 to provide robust data on parishes, along with policies and procedures to make some of that data available for direct collaboration among parishes and worshiping communities.
The database is overseen by the Mission Finance & Operations Department, specifically Canon Louis Fuertes and Operations Manager Matt Handi. That department also oversees a separate database for finances, Financial Edge. The survey for parishes and worshiping communities and the policies governing access and sharing were developed in partnership with the Canon for Mission Communication & Media, Karin Hamilton.
Related documents (6/20/17)
- Administrative Policies for the ECCT Database: Link here
- Online Parish Survey - Section and Question Overview: Link here
- Database Policies: What are we collecting? (chart): Link here
- Database Policies: How will we use the data? (chart): Link here
- Letter (final draft) to parishes explaining survey and policies: Link here
- Link to eNews announcement: Link here
Data from the survey will be used to create an expanded parish directory that includes its ministries and ministry partners. Click here for a beta version of the directory created in February 2018 with data that had been provided to that date.