CT topics and issues
The Episcopal Church in Connecticut (Diocese of Connecticut) submitted four resolutions through its Annual Convention, all of which will have the "C" designation denoting their origin in a diocese or province. Province One (New England) submitted three. Bishop Douglas submitted three; Deputy Molly James submitted three. Other resolutions were influenced by ECCT members who served as leaders on several interim bodies. These resolutions include:
- C028, Amend Canon 11.4. Add a section to allow congregations use of authorized Anglican books of worship, with the bishop diocesan's permission. Complete. Refer to an interim body.
- C029, Clergy Compensation by Race - Complete. Concurred.
- C030, Proposed Baptismal Language, Authorize trial addition of a question to the Baptismal Covenant, related to care for God's creation
- C031, Minimize Gendered Language (in any Prayer Book revisions). On HOD consent for 7/13, to refer to take no further action.
- B008, Stewardship in Communities of Color. Complete. Concurred
- B009, Civil Discourse. Complete. Concurred
- B010, Concerning the Service of the Church. Completed. Referred to SCLM
- D033, Amend Canons IV.2 and IV.6 - Churchwide Intake Officer - On July 13 HOB consent calendar to concur to refer to an interim body.
- D034, Amend Canon IV.19.4, Suspending Statute of Limitations - Concluded. Concurred.
- D035, Amend Canon III.9 regarding Reconciliation and Mediation Between Clergy - Complete. Rejected
- C037, Call to Respond to Opioid Epidemic - 3:12 pm still says "Pending"
- C038, Safeguard the Rights of Palestinian Children – Complete.Take no further action.
- C039, Amend Parochial Report – Complete. Take no further action
- A048: Establish Committee to Oversee Creation of Training Materials: Establish a committee to oversee the development of training material. Revised A048 has elements of A049 (host model policies on DFMS website) and A050 (addresses funding) included. Completed. Concurred.
- A051: Modify Parochial Report: This would add information on the status of parish safe church self-audits on diocesan parochial reports, as a basis for tracking accountability. Completed. Concurred.