We are so excited that you are discerning if you might be called to be part of the Episcopal Church in Connecticut’s Youth Team at General Convention. By completing this application you are entering into a period of discernment that will reach into next year. We invite you to be in conversation and prayer with your nominator, priest, family, and friends.
Deadline for Applications and Nominations is February 20, 2024.
In order to be considered you must be willing and able to meet the following criteria:
- Be an active member and communicant in good standing of a parish or worshiping community in the Episcopal Church in Connecticut.
- Be at least 16 years old and no older than 19 during General Convention 2024.
- Be a current high school student enrolled in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade during the 2024 school year.
- Be capable of traveling alone by plane or train to and from the meetings in the United States with no escort.
- Be available to be present at General Convention in Louisville, Kentucky, June 23 – 28, 2024.
In addition, during the application process you will be asked to identify a non-family member nominator who can complete an on-line essay nomination form by February 20. Your nominator will be contacted immediately via email, so please be certain you have an accurate email address before you begin the application process.
Each member of the ECCT Youth Team is responsible for raising $250, with the parish raising an additional $250 to cover expenses. All other costs will be covered by ECCT. We strongly encourage family, friends, and parish support. If the $250 contribution is an impediment to your application, scholarship funds are available.