Who: Resolutions may be submitted by any member of Convention (canonically resident clergy or lay delegates to the Diocesan Convention) or members of a diocesan committee.
How: Electronically to Adam Yates, Secretary of Convention (email@example.com)
When: No later than September 14, 2019.
Format: All six elements listed below must be included in the resolution, or else the resolution will be returned to the submitter:
- Title: A brief description of what the resolution is about
- Names of the Submitters: All resolutions must be submitted by at least five (5) members of Convention. Include email addresses and phone numbers for the submitters.
- Text of the Resolution: All clauses begin with the word “RESOLVED:” if there is more than one clause, the words, “AND BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED” appear at the beginning of a new clause. “Whereas” clauses are not used.
- Explanation: A brief, concise explanation (under 100 words) of the rationale for the resolution.
- Statement: Answer the question, “How does this resolution further God’s mission of restoration and reconciliation with all of creation?”
- Statement of Requirements to Implement the Resolution: A summary of cost, materials, and time required to implement the resolution.
After Convention, if the resolution is adopted, the sponsors of a resolution must inform Convention not later than May 1st of the following year of action taken after the adoption of the resolution, making note of the information below:
- Title of Resolution
- Summary of the purpose of the resolution
- Actions taken to implement the resolution
- Outstanding work to be completed or further actions required (Optional)
This information will be included in the pre-Convention material provided to delegates.
In case of resolutions that require notification of State and Federal authorities, the sponsors of the resolution are responsible for notifying the authorities.