We Episcopalians of the fifteen diverse parishes in the Community of Greater Bridgeport, being one in Christ through Holy Baptism and guided by the Holy Spirit, strive through prayer and action, to grow in understanding and commitment to share, to celebrate, and to witness God’s love in our life.
The primary function of our ministry network is to provide healthy meals to those in need alongside other health and spiritual needs. We have adapted from our old ecclesial model as a deanery to our new understanding of regional networks and ministries. We have kept the strengths of our old network and our emphasis on reaching those in need in this new ministry network.
In addition to our food pantries and community supper programs, we collaborate on a donation of socks before the winter season in “Socktober,” and offer blood pressure screenings once a month, classes on healthy food preparation with a team of cooks once a quarter, and coordinate with a social worker and counselor once a week. We provided 162,000 meals in 2017, and find that all who volunteer or participate in our network are blessed by each other and the people we encounter every day.
Adapting from the old diocesan deanery, the Greater Bridgeport Ministry Network, 2 pantries, 3 community supper programs, Socktober, collection of socks for the winter season. Also go to shelters and drop off items for the holidays. Pantries once a month blood pressure screenings. Once a quarter teaching people how to cook healthy meals with cooks and preparation for families without breaking the bank, Social worker and counselor available once a week, free clothing, energy and bill assistance helpful to all who volunteer, 162,000 meals in 2017.
Meeting and Contact Information:
- Regular Meetings: Executive Committee meets once a quarter, we hold convocations for the Ministry Network once a quarter as well.
- Public Events: Our feeding programs rotate through our network depending on the size and availability of resources.
|Primary contact for Ministry Network||The Rev. Diane Peterson|
|Contact phone Number|
|Contact email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secondary contact for Ministry Network||Robert Pitzschler|
|Contact phone Number|
|Contact email email@example.com|
Active ECCT Parishes
- St Mark’s, Bridgeport
- St. John’s, Bridgeport
- Calvary/St. Joseph’s, Bridgeport
- St. Luke’s/St. Paul’s, Bridgeport
- Christ Church, Stratford
- Trinity Church, Southport
- Trinity & St. Michael’s Parish, Fairfield
- St. Timothy’s, Fairfield
Other partners: We partner with a variety of other faith religious organizations that help in assisting and hosting the meals. In addition to this, we collaborate with Build On, a High School Senior program.
If you are wondering, “Is there a way for me to get involved?” The answer is ‘YES’. Here’s some ways you can partner with us in God’s mission:
- Start a food collection in your community
- Volunteer to prepare or serve a meal
- Make a financial donation to the Bridgeport Deanery (no amount is too small)
- Speak out about hunger and the effects of it
- Be creative and imagine with us!