ECCT Holy Land Pilgrimage with the Bishops
You are invited to join the Bishops of the Episcopal Church in Connecticut on a Holy Land Pilgrimage June 9-19, 2019 with an optional three-day extension. Watch the video below for more info (video by Tom Verde)
Link here for a podcast episode about the trip, recorded Nov. 20, 2018 with Bishop Laura Ahrens and the Rev. Harrison West
Postcards (image below) are available at The Commons.
Arrival and Departure Dates:
You will need to leave the United States Sun, Jun 9, 2019 thus arriving at Ben Gurion in Tel Aviv on Mon, Jun 10, 2019. Your departure flight from Ben Gurion will need to be scheduled for Wed, Jun 19, 2019.
* Please Note: Each pilgrim must be present at the Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm on the first day of your pilgrimage. Valuable information is shared in this first hour on the bus, setting the tone of the visit. Therefore, the pilgrimage begins when you step on the bus at Ben Gurion.
* Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after arrival date. If not, entry into Israel will not be allowed.
Cost of Trip (excluding airfare):
It is $2,349 based on double occupancy; $2,799 for single occupancy, however, there are a limited number of single rooms.
The land cost price includes the following:
- Accommodation on F/B basis (includes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Transportation in comfortable deluxe bus
- Guiding Fee
- All entrance fees on itinerary
- Israeli and Palestinian Speakers
- Portage at all hotels
- Tips for restaurant, hotel staff, and tour bus driver
- Farewell Dinner
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks, laundry, and medical insurance are not covered.
- There is also a reserve built into the costs above for additional costs as they arise.
There is a non-refundable deposit of $600 due December 14, 2018. The final payment will be due March 1, 2019.
For a more in-depth itinerary, please click here.
- Sunday, June 9, Day 1: Depart U.S.A.
- Monday, June 10, Day 2: Arrive at Ben Gurion Airport/ Transfer to Jerusalem
- Tuesday, June 11, Day 3: Horizons of Jerusalem / Herodium
- Wednesday, June 12, Day 4: Princess Basma Center / Old City / Church of the Holy Sepulcher
- Thursday, June 13, Day 5: Western Wall / Dome of the Rock / Shepherd's Field / Bethlehem
- Friday, June 14, Day 6: Jericho / Nazareth
- Saturday, June 15, Day 7: Sea of Galilee / Jordan River / Capernaum / Beatitudes
- Sunday, June 16, Day 8: Christ Church / Sepphoris
- Monday, June 17, Day 9: Burqin / Zebabdeh / Nablus / Taybeh
- Tuesday, June 18, Day 10: Phage / Dominus Flevit / Gethsemane / Israel Museum
- Wednesday, June 19, Day 11: Way of the Cross & Emmaus
There is an optional three-day extension to visit Jordan and Petra. More information here.