ECCT has updated its COVID-19 guidelines for employees and visitors to The Commons. Presently, The Commons is a “mask-friendly” environment. The wearing of masks at any place within The Commons is optional and each person may decide, based on their circumstances and comfort level, whether or not to wear a mask while at The Commons. Please respect their decision and do not question their choice or reason.
ECCT is no longer requiring proof of vaccination, but encourages all employees and visitors able to be vaccinated to do so and to remain “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines. Per CDC guidelines, a person is up to date when they have received all doses in the primary series and all boosters recommended for them, when eligible. According to the CDC, while vaccination will not necessarily preclude someone from getting COVID-19, the risk for being negatively affected by COVID-19 variants is higher for those who are unvaccinated or not up-to-date with boosters.
With respect to outside visitors, please note the following:
- Staff may hold meetings or events at The Commons with individuals from outside The Commons subject to the following:
- First, the staff member arranging the meeting (“host”) must advise all attendees in advance of these guidelines. The host may, however, elect to make mask wearing mandatory for the meeting or event, particularly if it is a larger gathering where people will be in close proximity and, if so, notify participants accordingly.
- Second, the host may make alternative arrangements available in the event participants are not comfortable attending in person, such as offering a Zoom and/or call-in option..
- Outside (non-staff) individuals or groups who reserve space at The Commons for a meeting or event must be advised of this guidance. Outside groups have the option to make mask-wearing mandatory for the meeting or event, and attendees must be advised of this decision ahead of time. Outside individuals or groups are also encouraged to make a remote attendance option available if possible.
- Disposable masks are available at the front desk for staff and visitors who wish to use them.
- Continue to follow good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, wiping down frequently touched surfaces with a disinfecting wipe, and avoiding use of others’ phones or desk supplies.
- Avoid shaking hands or other close contact that increases the chances of transmission.
- Avoid contact with contact with people who have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
The full guidance document is available here: COVID-19 Guidelines for The Commons. Parishes may use it as guidance in developing or updating their own COVID-19 policies, but parishes can also impose stricter rules if they wish (such as making masking mandatory in their buildings). .
Also, please note that this policy is subject to change. Factors that may warrant a change in policy include but are not limited to the rise of new variants, risk of transmissibility, an exposure incident at The Commons, infection rates in the community, and changes in state, local, or CDC guidance.
COVID Guidelines for The Commons