Transformed by Peace: Liturgy and Fiesta
July 4, Tuesday, Hartford: Theme of the Day - Transformed by Peace
The faith communities in Hartford are collaborating to offer a public liturgy and celebration during the Connecticut River Pilgrimage.
3:30 p.m., Holy Eucharist, with recognition and repentance of our participation in a culture of gun violence. Location: Church of the Good Shepherd, 155 Wyllys Street, Hartford. Plenty of parking available at the church.
- Con-Celebrants: The Very Rev. Miguelina Howell, Dean of Christ Church Cathedral and the Rev. Enrique Irizarry, Priest-in-Charge of Good Shepherd, Hartford
- Preacher: The Rt. Rev. James E. Curry, Suffragan of Connecticut (retired)
- Minister of Ceremony: The Rev. Rowena Kemp, Priest-in-Charge of Grace, Hartford
- Ministers of Communion: The Rev. Tracy Johnson-Russell, Rector of St. Monica's, Hartford; the Rev. Don Hamer, Rector of Trinity, Hartford
- Directors of Music: Dr. Robert August and Dr. Kyle Swan
- Spanish Music Coordinator: Pedro Cirilo Coral
- Choirs: St. Monica's, Trinity, Grace, and Christ Church Cathedral
- Intercessions: Mothers United Against Violence will be participating. The intercessions will include public recognition of victims of violence in Hartford in 2016 and to date in 2017.
Following the liturgy: Tours of the historic church (optional) and a celebration of new life through diversity
- Tours of the historic church built by Elizabeth Colt, widow of firearms manufacturer Samuel Colt (optional, signup to be provided at a booth) Tour Guide: Jack Hale, Good Shepherd's Senior Warden
- Multicultural fiesta on the grounds of the Church of the Good Shepherd, to include:
- Live music
- DJ with additional music
- Booths with food representing the diversity of people in congregations in Hartford