Walktober in the Last Green Valley
It’s here! The 2019 Walktober guide and contest! Maggie Breen, Northeast Region Missionary, and Rachel Thomas, Southeast Region Missionary, invite you to join in the exploration of the Last Green Valley during Walktober.
We’re having a contest to see who in each Region can attend the most events: simply take a picture of yourself at each location and complete the attached (which can also be found online HERE) form to enter by Nov. 10 and win a prize.
We’ll each be attending events as we can, and invite you to join us. At present, Rachel plans to attend:
- Tuesday, October 8, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Railroad Lore along the Columbia/Lebanon Air Line trail; Pine St., Lebanon
- Saturday, October 12, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. The Legend of Uncas Leap, 210 Yantic St., Norwich
- Saturday, October 12, noon – 1:30 p.m. Spaulding Pond Dam Flood, 258 Broad St., Norwich
- Monday, October 14, 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Firearm Factories of Norwich , City Hall Norwich
- Monday, October 21, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Fall Tree ID, James L Goodwin Conservation Center
And Maggie plans to attend:
- Saturday, September 21, 2-8pm Celebrate Mansfield Festival, Betsy Patterson Square, 2 Dog Lane, Storrs
- Saturday, September 28, 7-9:30pm Nightmare of Main – Villains: Madness, Mayhem & Murder, 411 Main Street, Willimantic – $12 per person
- Sunday, September 29, 10am-5pm The Crater/Battle of 1st Deep Bottom, 82 Blash Rd, Thompson, $ - registration required
- Wednesday, October 2, 10am-Noon Take A Walk On The Wild-side At Putnam Elms, 191 Church Street, Brooklyn
- Friday, October 4, 5-9pm, First Friday in Downtown Putnam, Main Street
- Monday, October 14, 11:30am-1pm Where The Bison Roam, Creamery Brook Bison, 19 Purvis Rd, Brooklyn
- Monday, October 14, 2-3:30pm Gray Ledge Tree Farm Leaf Hunt, 210 Lathrop Rd, Plainfield
- Wednesday, October 16, 10-11am West Thompson Dam Tour, 162 West Thompson Rd, North Grosvenordale
- Monday, October 21, 1:30-3:30pm Fall Tree ID, James L. Goodwin Conservation Center, 23 Potter Rd, Hampton
Come join us or find your own adventure!