Racial Healing, Justice, and Reconciliation
Access the Racial Healing Justice and Reconciliation Meditative Series Playlist below.
Focus: A network of lay and clergy persons who are passionate about and strive for racial healing, justice, reconciliation and restoring all human beings to each other, the church and God.
Scope: A Racial Justice and Racial Reconciliation Ministry Network was launched following Trinity Institute's program in 2016 and in fall of 2018 it merged with the ECCT Leadership Racial Healing, Justice and Reconciliation working group.
Visit the web pages for ECCT's Season of Racial Healing, Justice, and Reconciliation for more information about activities sponsored and/or supported by the Ministry Network as it helps ECCT to live into the Season.
- Ministry Network email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Primary Contact: Mrs. Suzy Burke
- Secondary Contact: the Rev. Rowena Kemp
- Regular Meetings: ECCT Leadership Gatherings - quarterly
- Public Events: Spring Training in April and other Events as publicized
ECCT parishes active: Grace, Hartford, St James', New London, Trinity, Limerock, St Monica's, Hartford, St John's, North Guilford, St John's, Essex, St Luke's, New Haven, St Matthew's, Wilton, St. John's, Pine Meadow, Trinity, Collinsville, Trinity, Tariffville, Holy Trinity, Middletown, Christ Church, Cathedral, St John's, West Hartford
Other Partners: This is the merger of the ECCT Leadership working group and the original ministry network.
1. Reconciliation Models – Research, identify and make available local and global reconciliation models ECCT and/or parishes will find useful as we build our strategy for racial healing, justice and reconciliation in the Episcopal Church in CT and beyond.
2. Formation/Resources – Identify formation needs, and curate and distribute resources and user-friendly materials for people of all ages that parishes and individuals can use in their efforts to bring about racial healing, justice and reconciliation in the Episcopal Church in CT and beyond.
3. Training/Facilitation – Investigate and coordinate the delivery of training programs focused on helping ECCT address the role of white supremacy in enabling the sin of racism in ECCT and having truth-telling conversations and active listening sessions focused on racial healing, justice, and reconciliation.
4. Communication – Work with the ECCT Canon for Mission Communication & Media to develop a comprehensive communications strategy that keeps ECCT’s myriad effort to bring about racial healing, justice and reconciliation in the Episcopal Church in CT clearly visible and execute agreed communications initiatives.
5. Event Coordination – Plan, coordinate and lead the field trips associated with ECCT’s two-year season of racial healing, justice, and reconciliation.
6. Advocacy/Civic Engagement – Develop a comprehensive strategy for civic involvement on the issue of racism including advocacy and political action, communicate it widely and facilitate suggested activities and events.