Two Episcopal parishes were nominated for The American Institute of Architects Connecticut Treasures Award! The distinguished award recognizes the diverse wealth of architectural excellence within the eight counties of Connecticut. This year ECCT has the honor of announcing that two parishes from our Northwest and Northeast regions were nominated. We encourage all of the ECCT Community to show their support by casting their votes. Please note it allows one vote per person. Voting deadline is July 28th 11:59PM!
Read more about the history of our parishes and vote on the AIA CT website using the button below:
Litchfield County (NW Region) – St. Andrews, Kent
“The earliest Episcopal/Anglican worship in western Connecticut began in the town of Kent in 1763, served by itinerant missionary priests ordained in England. They worshipped in a now lost St. Thomas’s Church built on Kent Plain sometime between 1768 and 1772. St. Andrew’s Episcopal Parish was first organized as St John’s Parish in 1806.” – AIA CT
Windham County (NE Region) – Christ Church, Pomfret
“Christ Church in Pomfret, consecrated in 1882, was designed in a rural Victorian Gothic style by architect Howard Hoppin. It was constructed through a memorial gift of the Vinton family in honor of the Rev. Dr. Alexander H. Vinton and his wife, Eleanor Stockbridge Thompson Vinton.” – AIA CT