The Mission Council reports to the Annual Convention of the Episcopal Church in Connecticut on the parishes in good standing. These parishes ardently strived to fulfill the administrative, financial, and canonical expectations that are fundamental to our common life in participating in God’s mission.
Fulfilling the criteria listed below will:
- Provide transparency and accountability as we participate in God’s mission together and
- Promote collaboration among ECCT parishes.
A parish in good standing has fulfilled all the following conditions on an annual basis:
- Common Mission Support
- Annual Parochial Report (Due March 1)
- Parish Investment Management
- Annual Audits or Reviews (due September 1)
- Racial Healing, Justice & Reconciliation Survey as required by 2018 Convention Resolution
- Annual Parish Survey within the past 12 months (due no later than June 30)
- Current on Property & Casualty and Group Life & Dental insurance
- Current on Pension to Church Pension Fund for clergy or lay employee retirement plans payments.
Detailed information regarding each of these conditions can be found in the links in the upper blue bar.
The Canon for Mission Finance and Operations will send via ConnECCT bi-annual notices to the Rector or Priest-In-Charge, Wardens, and Treasurer notifying them of the parish’s status.